LSM is a 9-12 high school serving approximately 800 students from
Harwinton and Burlington. Our LSM Spartan Pride is evidenced by the
accomplishments of our staff and students. We are committed to our core
values and beliefs which are embedded in all aspects of our academic
and co-curricular offerings. We hope you enjoy perusing our web site
as it is designed to provide you with information pertinent to LSM.
LEWIS S. MILLS HIGH SCHOOL
CORE VALUES AND BELIEFS
Lewis S. Mills High School is founded upon the core values and beliefs
of academic excellence, personal growth, and an appreciation for
cultural diversity. The faculty, students, and community collaborate in
order to cultivate a safe environment that empowers students to realize
their full potential as learners and responsible citizens and to
experience success beyond high school.
· The LSM graduate comprehends written, visual, and auditory text
and effectively communicates with clarity in a variety of modes.
· The LSM graduate effectively employs critical thinking in the problem solving process.
· The LSM graduate demonstrates ethical and effective use of information, technology, and media.
· The LSM graduate demonstrates knowledge and skills to assess, improve, and maintain personal wellness.
· The LSM graduate acquires and applies knowledge to develop multiple perspectives on events and issues.
Civic and Social Competency
· The LSM graduate values and demonstrates personal
responsibility, character, cultural understanding, and ethical behavior.
Personal Responsibility In Developing Excellence